In exactly 3 days, all the Super Bowl fans will be glued to their TV screens as this is a very big event in North America. Many of us will be gathering together with friends and family either at home, a bar or at a tailgate party. If you end up at a bar with your buddies, there are no worries about what food to make that day… just open the menu and order! For the rest of us who will probably be entertaining, we have to figure out what to make.
If you really want to be cute and fancy, you can make hors d’oeuvres and canapés but here’s a little tip… guys don’t care much about them especially during a sporting event. What they want is FOOD, more specifically finger food, greasy food and messy food – food that guys enjoy at the ball park… that type of food.
Now for us females, we don’t totally enjoy that type of food so to create some sort of compromise, here’s a dish that both guys and gals should enjoy… Six Layer Chip Dip! It falls into both the finger and messy food section.
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 large green onions, sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning mix *SEE FOOTNOTE
- 1 (8 oz.) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 cups guacamole
- 2 cups chunky medium salsa
- 2 cups shredded old-cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives, or more to taste (optional)
FOOTNOTE: To make your own Homemade version of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning recipe, click here: Homemade Old El Paso Taco Seasoning