I love to go out to restaurants…. of course I have a few favorites that I like to go back to but somehow wherever I travel, it seems like one type of restaurant that’s always on my “fav” list is a good steakhouse. Doesn’t matter if I’m in Toronto, Montréal, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle or Vancouver…I always have a favorite steakhouse on my list.
As strange as it may sound, I enjoy the ambiance of a steakhouse. I love the smell, the energy and obviously the food. I also like the side dishes you mostly find at a steakhouse. Their menu has a wide selection of side dishes but one that seems more in demand than others are their famous Sautéed Mushrooms.
Each time I make these at home, it’s a homerun….everyone enjoys them! They pair so beautifully with a good steak, easy to make and are quite flavorful. At your next BBQ party, serve your guests this side dish along with a great steak and I bet they will be a hit at the BBQ.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (I always use mixed peppercorns)
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 4-5 drops hot sauce such as Cholula®, or to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped