Most people have bottles and bottles of salad dressings in their refrigerator but if you only knew how uncomplicated and easy it is to make homemade. Most salad dressings are typically used to add flavor to an otherwise bland salad. However, there is one salad dressing that can do a whole lot more than just dress up a mix of salad greens.
What salad dressing am I talking about? Yes, it’s Ranch Dressing of course…and it’s the most popular salad dressing in North America. It can be used not only for salads but as a condiment, marinade, veggie dip and the perfect companion to Chicken Wings and Drumettes.
My Zippy Ranch Dressing is a spicier version of the standard Ranch and it’s sure to fire up you next meal. By making your own homemade version, you’re the one in control of the flavor, ingredients and heat. I’m sure you’ll agree that this one just can’t be beat.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip®
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (substitute 1 small clove garlic, pressed) *SEE FOOTNOTE
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-6 dashes hot sauce, such as Cholula®
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, or more for consistency *SEE FOOTNOTE and "TIPS & TRICKS"
FOOTNOTE: If you want to use fresh garlic, keep in mind that garlic flavor will intensify as it sits.
-Increase or decrease the amount of buttermilk for your purposes. For example if you want to use it as a dip for chicken wings, don't go over a 1/4 cup. If you want to use as a salad dressing, increase volume to your liking.
-Also to make your own buttermilk, go to TIPS & TRICKS section.
This dressing keeps very well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.