It’s July or August and it’s hot outside (no complaints, I love it!) but if you are like me, we don’t always feel like cooking a big meal, let alone eating one. Sometimes I just want to have something quick & easy to prepare. I want a meal that satisfies me and is full of flavor…a sandwich! I think sandwiches are underrated and should not be served strictly for lunch.
I love Mexican culture and cuisine. The ingredients are simple but yet so colorful and tasty. For some of you, Mexican food may be too spicy and for others, each bite is heavenly. I enjoy the spiciness and I love experimenting with a variety of ingredients.
In this video, I’ve incorporated a couple of Mexican ingredients that set this dish apart from a regular submarine with a slight twist. It’s a fast meal that everyone will enjoy because the combination of ingredients marry together perfectly. This Mexican Chicken Sub is one of our favorite sandwiches and I’m sure you’ll agree the first time you try one.
- 2 large chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup chipotle mayo, or more to taste "TIPS & TRICKS" for Homemade Chipotle Mayo
- 4 submarines, ciabatta or Italian rolls
- 2/3 cup fresh guacamole
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice *SEE FOOTNOTE for my picks
- 1-2 large fresh ripe tomatoesm sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 large lime, squeezed
FOOTNOTE: For the cheese, I used Mexicana and Habañero mixed together. To know How to Make Chipotle Purée & Mayo, go to "TIPS & TRICKS" section.