As you probably know, Mediterranean cuisine is very healthy and mainly made up of plant products. You’ll find these common ingredients in this cuisine; olive oil, whole grains, fruits & vegetables, beans, nuts, herbs & spices.
The reason why I love this cuisine so much is because I enjoy cooking with fresh ingredients and prefer using herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of my dish versus salt. I’ve never been a fan of salt since childhood and yet when I use it, I stay away from table salt and opt for the much healthier version which is Himalayan Sea Salt.
This recipe started because I had some chopped black olives sitting in the fridge and I didn’t want to waste them. From the very first attempt, this recipe was a success. It is light and fresh with some zip to it. This Mediterranean Fish Fillet with Tapenade is packed with flavor. It’s a simple healthy recipe that everyone will enjoy. An added bonus is that it is quick to prepare too.
- 1 lb. fish fillet, such as halibut, sole, cod or red snapper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper from jar, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for garnish