I don’t know about you during the Holidays but for me personally, I went to bed quite late, ate more than I should have and enjoyed my wine a lot… maybe a slight bit too much. Now that the Holidays are over, it’s time to go back to a more “normal” schedule and a healthier diet.
Although going back to the gym is on my schedule, eating at regular hours, healthier, lighter, and greener is on the top of my list.
Constantly creating, developing and testing my new recipes have great rewards but there’s also a part of this whole experience that can provide me a healthy eating habit. I have to be aware of what I eat and cleanse my body often.
One of my favorite healthy dishes is my Julienne Salad. It is packed with yummy fresh ingredients and flavors. You can either add your leftover turkey or forget about it. Eating this salad a couple times a week will definitely help you get yourself back on track. You can pour on your favorite dressing/vinaigrette or simply a very good quality oil such as avocado or walnut – this is what I use on mine.
In this video, I also show you how to “julienne” vegetables uniformly. After you master this knife skill, you’ll be more tempted to prep your veggies that way. Let’s not forget that we first eat with our eyes… lol! Get yourself back to exercising as well as back to the kitchen with this yummy recipe…
P.S. For a vegan or vegetarian version, skip turkey and hard boiled egg.
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 cups lettuce of your choice, washed and drained
- 1 large carrot, peeled and ends cut off
- 1 large celery rib, washed and ends cut off
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and ends cut off
- 1 large bell pepper of your choice, washed, seeded and ribs removed
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 large avocado, pit removed and peeled
- 4 large radishes, washed
- 2 large slices of turkey
- 8 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- 10 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1/2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
FOOTNOTE: The ingredient amounts are for 2 big plates of Julienne Salad
KITCHEN TOOLS: The Egg Slicer can be purchased in the "SHOP" section of Club Foody.