Grilled chicken breasts on the BBQ are quite popular during the summer. Although it’s great to baste them with some BBQ sauce and eat them as is with veggies and a salad, there are many other ways you can serve a grilled chicken breast.
Last month I showed you a video on my Chicken Sub. I mentioned to you that when the mercury on the thermometer rises, I feel lazy, don’t really want to cook and have absolutely no problem eating a “sandwich” for dinner.
A sandwich that is so easy to make and you won’t have to go to a Greek restaurant to enjoy, is Chicken Gyros. A snap to make and totally delicious, this dish is the perfect dish to break the “chicken breast” routine. Next week, I’ll be sharing with you my Homemade Tzatziki Sauce so there is nothing stopping you from making this tasty sandwich.
Also in this video, I’ll show you how to wrap it just like the professional gyro makers so you can look like a pro yourself in front of your family and friends.
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Turkish or Greek oregano (substitute regular oregano) *SEE FOOTNOTE
- 1/2 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips *SEE FOOTNOTE
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Tzatziki Sauce to taste
- 4 large pita bread (substitute flat bread)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion, for garnish
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper, for garnish
- 1 large tomato, sliced
FOOTNOTE: Turkish or Greek oregano are stronger in flavor...a must try!
- If you intend to grill your chicken breasts, don't slice them until cooked and rested for 5 minutes.