Mother’ Day is here in just a few days and unless you live far away from her, the chance to see your mom that day is pretty obvious! Some of you will even cook a nice meal at home and have her over. Others will take her out to a nice restaurant. Whichever you decide on, she’ll be very happy I’m sure.
Of course if you have her over for brunch or dinner, you’ll be making something special or prepare one of her favorite dishes. A dish that my mother enjoys a lot when we go for brunch/lunch is a salad along with a nice glass of wine. From all the salads on the menu, if she sees a wedge salad, she’s sold! She loves her blue cheese so it’s an obvious choice.
I love this salad as well and have it often because I like its simplicity. It’s super-fast to make and I can start to enjoy my dinner within 10 minutes. Unfortunately this year, I won’t be able to make it back to Québec city for Mother’s Day therefore this simple but amazingly flavorful dish is dedicated to my Mom!
Bon Appétit and Happy Mother’s Day!
- 1/2 large iceberg lettuce, core removed and halved
- 12 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup per serving of blue cheese dressing, or more to taste *SEE FOOTNOTE #1
- 10 slices per serving red onions
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, grated *SEE FOOTNOTE #2
- Cayenne or freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
FOOTNOTE #1: For a delicious and very tasty Blue Cheese Dressing, click on this link:http://clubfoody.com/recipe/blue-cheese-dressing/
FOOTNOTE #2: When you need to grate any soft cheeses, even butter, place it in the freezer until it gets hard and then quickly grate it. It makes live easier with less frustrations!