In one of my previous blogs in 2016, I mentioned that I find pork chops on the “boring” side. I like pork, don’t get me wrong but this particular cut of meat is… okay, nothing to rave about! The good thing about this is I have to create recipes so my taste buds will be satisfied.
The recipe I’m sharing with you in this episode is so yummy! The process of marinating the chops starts either the night before or early that morning so by dinner time, you have a tasty dish to enjoy. It is just what comfort food should be… delicious and simple!
The other plus of this recipe is with the marinade you end up making a delicious gravy with it. So now you have a flavorful pork chop with mashed potatoes and gravy on top of both… can’t get better than that for a weeknight dinner. Of course, don’t forget to add some fresh veggies to complete this tasty meal!
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 pork chops of 1/2-inch thick *SEE FOOTNOTE
- 4 large mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup cold water
FOOTNOTE: If they are thicker, marinate them longer